Thursday 2 August 2012

2nd week and there is progress I have decided on my topic for Professional Development. My assignment will be on the 'Benefits of Massage on Children'. Il base my research on changes (if any) in behaviour, concentration and sleep patterns.
There will be a slight variation in topics as I will be including statistics and research on children afflicted with ADD and ADHD and a case study using my own son Jake, as a guinea pig, to test and observe in a less clinical format.

The case study has already commenced and I think I have made a grave error of judgement. I now walk through the door after a busy day and information overloaditis to find a near naked boy lying on a bed, already draped with oil close at hand. Maybe I should have based this thesis on 'Massage Addicts'!

On another note, this morning we had an information session with the lovely librarian Heather who has made our job a little easier. After going through in great details various search engine tricks, databases and beneficial websites I now look at starting my research with a little less trepidation and a lot more optimism. Thank you Heather.

Now to finish the Blog for the day, see what my fellow students are doing and get on with my project.

Bye for now.

D x

1 comment:

  1. Hey D, I figured out how to add a link to others blogs to your page.. I posted a post about it.. basically go to the 'dashboard' page and click 'Layout' then click on an 'add widget' box and scroll down till you find the 'My blog list' and it adds the blogs your following to your blog page! hope it works for you, have a good weekend and happy researching. ;p

    ReplyDelete